Commercial Solar Analyst
Sigora Solar is Virginia's leading and fastest growing solar design and installation company with offices in Charlottesville, Richmond, Waynesboro, and Manassas. Sigora was named in the 2015 and 2016 INC.500 list as one of the fastest growing energy companies in the United States. At Sigora, we believe in the responsible production and consumption of energy and we strive to provide access to affordable clean energy through solar production and energy efficiency measures. Sigora’s residential customers receive comprehensive home performance packages that include energy producing solar panels PLUS consumption reducing energy efficiency improvements. Sigora’s commercial division is responsible for some of the largest commercial solar installations in the Commonwealth. We offer state-of-the-art PV systems designed to lower business operating costs, increase profitability and showcase organizational commitment to sustainability. Sigora Solar continues to increase our focus on commercial and municipal projects along with plans for expansion into new markets.
The Commercial Solar Analyst will report to the Director of Commercial Sales and will perform various tasks associated with commercial solar sales. This role will be responsible for generating leads, developing proposals/contracts, analyzing project financials, presenting sales materials, and performing many other technical sales related activities. While not a requirement, the ideal candidate will have experience working for a solar energy company or other technical product/service sales experience. The ideal candidate must have experience with direct sales, business development, lead generation, and be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This role will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships.
This position is based in Virginia. Relocation to Virginia is required and relocation expenses are available for the ideal candidate.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to identify and generate B2B leads
- Prequalify commercial clients for solar
- Analyze solar resource and prepare proposals, contracts, and other sales documentation
- Prepare and lead sales presentations
- Manage and prioritize daily work load
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Prepare and present weekly reports to supervisor(s) Effective demonstration of sales process, able to identify buying criteria, eliminate objections, and develop solutions to close the sale
- Comfortable with projects ranging between $50,000 and $2 million
- Travel within our operating territory including to remote locations as needed (company vehicles may be provided)
- Identify community leaders and make early community contacts
- Identify local community and business organizations for strategic partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong ability to close sales
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the solar industry is a bonus; experience in managing an aggressive sales team with success in cold calling and/or door to door residential sales.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively multi-task daily and meet deadlines
- Assertive, confident and clear communicator – via e-mail, phone and face-to-face
- Create a fun, motivating and inspiration environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred but not required with equivalent successful experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in solar or technical sales related field preferred
- Proven ability to communicate well and present sales materials
- Business development, market research, and basic financial modeling experience preferred
- Experience in solar or renewable energy is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with B2B sales is required
- Experience in a fast-paced, customer facing environment
- Highly proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office, and Internet Explorer including an ability to learn new IT systems
- Demonstrated commitment to financial inclusion, social justice, and/or access to clean energy
- Clean DMV driving record (example, no DUIs in the last 5 years)
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check
- Must have valid state driver’s license
If you have what it takes to join Sigora, here's our promise:
- We’ll treat you like the awesome human being that you are
- We’ll offer a career path with growth opportunities
- We'll pay you exceptionally well, based on your performance and the value you bring to the organization
- We'll provide benefits
- We’ll welcome you into an organization full of ambitious, creative, amazing people.
- We'll have fun
Please apply at Careers@SigoraSolar.com with “Commercial Solar Aanalyst” in subject line.
Apart from a resume, please include a breathtaking awesome cover letter in which you should tell us why you would be a fantastic match with Sigora, what makes you a gread candidate, what you are passionate about, what motivates you and why you want to work for Sigora. Please send both the resume and the cover letter to Careers@SigoraSolar.com with “Commercial Solar Analyst” in the subject line.