Project Manager - Utility
Sigora Solar is Central Virginia's leading and fastest growing solar design and installation company. We are believers in our responsibility for the energy we consume and strive to provide access to affordable clean energy to the world. We are looking for a utility scale project manager. This position is based out of our central Virginia and Northern Virginia offices.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term
project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other stakeholders that will be
- affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Staff the project
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff per the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants and sub-contractors to work on the project as appropriate
- Implement the project
- Execute the project per the project plan(s)
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Control the project
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds per established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Manage All aspects of safety for each project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to act on a quick pace, nimble to change and be service orientated.
The individual we are looking for will be:
- NABCEP certified is preferred, not required
- LEED Certified preferred, not required
- Extremely ambitious
- Highly energetic
- Technically inclined
- Team player with the “can figure it out gene”
- Comfortable with heights and in attics
- Passionate about solar energy and the environment
If you have what it takes to join Sigora, here's our promise:
- We'll treat you like a human being
- We offer a career with actual growth opportunities
- We'll pay you properly, depending on experience and performance, with minimum 2 weeks paid time off, and paid trainings. The range for these positions range between $55,000.00-$80,000.00 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Group health match after three months, and a simple IRA match after six months, ten days paid time off per year, paid sick time, and paid vacations.
- Willing to pay relocation expenses for the ideal candidate.
Please send your resume to Careers@SigoraSolar.com with "Project Manager-Utility" in the subject line. Please send us PDF
files only – our system will automatically delete messages with any other attachments. Please feel free to impress us.